Saturday 6 April 2013

Curing an enlarged prostate with Homeopathy, Yoga, Ayurveda, prostate milking and massage.

I am suffering from an enlarged prostate. This causes frequent urination and a diminished urine flow, and inability to fully empty the bladder. The same symptoms may occur if you have a swelling of the urethra, which is as inconvenient but less dangerous. Men with an enlarged prostate often end up with cancer of the prostate. Most men over 40 are at risk of Prostate cancer. There are no medicines available in modern science to control or reduce the size of the prostate. Also modern science cannot detect the cancer in its early benign state. Tests can determine a prostate problem only when it is 70% to 80% developed. However the signs of your moving towards a prostate are the initial increase in size. One does not really need any tests or examinations to determine an issue with the prostate. A diminished urine flow is enough for you to start some sort of treatment to arrest or reverse the problem. This however, cannot be done with allopathic treatment.

Homeopathy
I found a few years ago that I was having a sort of constriction and my urine flow was not as it used to be. So I turned to homeopathy and tried to look for a solution. I initially found that Conium (Potency 30c) suited me. Homeopathic remedies are specific to the person and the situation or symptoms at any given point in time. My symptoms were: I was dribbling prostatic fluid with bowl movement. I was completely abstaining from any kind of sexual activity. I was dealing with a kind of sexual frustration. I did not feel like doing work of any kind. Conium helped and my loss of prostatic fluid stopped. However, the situation did not completely resolve and the symptoms had changed. I studied many remedies and finally came down to Copaiva (potency 30c) on just one main indication, my urine stream splits in two. However, both these remedies will not necessarily work for everyone. If you want to try it, you may want to visit a qualified Homeopath.

Sexual Qigong
I am also doing Sexual (Iron Crotch) Qigong (also called Chi Kung or Chi gung). If you want a video on how to do Sexual Qigong, I will send it on request. There are many benefits and Sexual Qigong works at the hormone level. However, in this case the increased blood flow to the prostate combined with the pulling in of the perineum at the end of the exercise, helps reduce prostate size.

Pranayam
Pranayam especially Kapal bhati and Bhastrika are great for prostate health. I am not repeating how to do these here. The principle behind all Yogic Breathing exercises is to generally increase Oxygen or “Prana” levels in the blood and increase blood flow. This is believed to cure just about any disease. I practice Pranayam for about 2 hours daily.


Prostate massage and milking
The prostate can be reached through the anal opening. You can ask your doctor to do it, however it can be done yourself. I am doing it myself. Be careful not to hurt or infect yourself. When you penetrate the anus, you are accessing a very delicate area. The anus is not designed to be penetrated. Anyway, before I massage the Prostate, I clean my hands thoroughly and lubricate the anus with Almond oil. You can use any edible oil except mustard, do not use cosmetic lubricants. To massage the prostate, I insert my middle finger. Once inside you will find a raised area if you bend the finger forward, this is the prostate. I rub it gently for as long as I can, which is usually not longer than 1 to 2 minutes. I have read a lot about prostate milking. Which I believe, is kind of ejaculating without the need to masturbating. It seems to help prostate health. However, I have tried doing it but without success. Also, I do not like the idea of wasting semen.  

Ayurveda
Ayurveda has some very effective medicines for most health issues. However, these take a long time to take effect. For prostate I am using Punarnava and Gokshoura. Punarnava, helps improve urination and gokshoura is a general tonic. Both these medicines have a broad spectrum of use, like most Ayurvedic remedies.

Acupressure
In addition to the above I regularly press the Prostate acupressure point. It is located at the back of the heel as you go up the leg about one inch from the heel. There is another point on the wrist, this on the side of the wrist where your thumb is, a little below where your wrist meets the hand.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've read in some Ayuverda beliefs that one of the things they know is that saw palmetto is also believed to be helpful for men in preventing a prostate health issue like the enlargement. Several articles also indicated this kind of discussion but should I really believe it or not? Can anyone answer this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana, Saw palmetto is used both in Homeopathy and Ayurveda. However, I am not sure if it works for Prostate issues. Saw Palmetto does benefit the male urininary system, especially if there is burining of the urethera while urinating. I have not used it so would not like to say more than this. Harry S

    ReplyDelete